It may not have crossed your mind that your business’ floors play a huge role in creating a positive image for your company. The thing about commercial carpets is they can withstand the negative effects of significant amounts of dirt and debris, but only to a point. How often should you clean your commercial carpets? Are professional carpet cleaning services in Canton, OH necessary? Below, we will answer these questions and more.
Factors to keep in mind
Vacuuming, spot cleaning, professional carpet cleaning—the frequency of these tasks varies from building to building depending on the amount of daily foot traffic, the carpet style and the type of commercial space. To help you create a manageable and effective cleaning schedule, let’s take a closer look at these three factors:
- Foot traffic: Just like the carpets in your house, the carpets in your commercial building will get dirty faster the more often people walk on it. The amount of foot traffic through your facility influences the ideal frequency of cleanings a great deal. You need to take into account the number of employees, customers or clients and other visitors walking around each day.
- Carpet style and color: Another factor in determining ideal carpet cleaning frequency is the carpet color, nap, style and density. For example, the higher the nap and/or the lighter the color of the fibers, the more often you should clean it.
- Type of space: Some types of commercial spaces need their carpets cleaned more frequently, such as bars and restaurants, schools, retail stores, office buildings and medical facilities. Naturally, some spaces have to remain clean at all times to ensure health and safety.
Keep carpets looking nice all the time
There are three things every commercial building owner should be doing to keep their carpets looking nice all year long: vacuuming, spot cleaning and preventative cleaning:
- Vacuuming: If you don’t have a nightly cleaning crew, then it’s wise to invest in a good vacuum cleaner for your office carpet. Vacuuming three to four times a week is the easiest and most cost-effective way to remove dirt and debris from carpeting, as long as you vacuum properly. Run the vacuum slowly over the carpet both forward and backward, and side to side.
- Spot cleaning: Treating stains and spots on carpets immediately is the best chance you have at removing them completely. Ask your team to keep their eyes open for spills, and check for stains regularly. Also, have a stain removal kit stashed in a convenient area in your office.
- Professional cleanings: Your commercial space will benefit from professional carpet cleaning services in Canton, OH from time to time. Scheduling cleanings at regular intervals is your best chance to keep up with preventative carpet maintenance. Ideally, you should schedule a professional carpet cleaner every six to 12 months for light to normal traffic, every three to six months for heavy traffic and every two to three months for carpets exposed to extreme foot traffic.
Call Carpet Restorations Plus today to schedule an appointment for commercial carpet cleaning in Canton, OH or to learn more about our services.