All carpet eventually reaches the end of its useful life, so even high-quality carpet will need to be replaced at some point. But how do you know when the time has come for you to tear up the carpet and either install new carpeting or switch to a different type of flooring?
Here are some tips to help you determine when to get new carpet in Canton, OH:
- Your carpet has gotten old: You can generally expect carpet to last 10 or 15 years, depending on the quality of the material and the foot traffic in the area, as well as how much it’s been exposed to spills and pets. The quality of the padding under the carpet will also play a role in determining how long it will last. At some point, if your carpet is just plain old, it’s time for you to move on and look into replacement.
- You no longer like its appearance: Maybe you need to switch up the aesthetics of your house a bit, because you are no longer a fan of the color or pattern. Perhaps the carpet was actually installed by the previous owners of your home, and you never liked it to begin with. In either circumstance, ripping up the carpet and replacing it is going to be the only solution for addressing a carpet with an appearance you simply do not like.
- There are numerous stains: If there are numerous stains in your carpet that you can’t get out and you find yourself having to move furniture around to hide them, this is a sign that it’s probably time for you to consider replacing the carpet. While many stains can be removed with professional cleaning equipment, some might be old and set in too deep, and you might not be willing to invest the money in professional cleaning if you’re already thinking of replacing the carpet anyway.
- You notice strange smells: Have you started to notice weird smells coming from your carpet, even after you’ve had it cleaned? It might be mold forming somewhere underneath the carpet, or it could be old pet urine that has seeped into the padding. Carpet can trap these odors and keep them hanging around in your home no matter what you do, so replacement might be your only option when you notice this issue.
- It has mold growing underneath: If it turns out you actually do have mold or mildew growing underneath the carpet, then you’re going to have to get rid of the carpet. This is most likely to be an issue if there has been water damage due to a leak, and it’s particularly common in basements, where flooding is likely to occur and where the environment is dark and moist.
These are just a few examples of some of the best reasons why you should consider replacing your carpet. Let Carpet Restorations Plus be your source when you need the best carpet installation in Canton, OH—contact us today with any questions or to learn more about our products and services.