Are you looking into some options for new flooring for your home? Vinyl plank flooring has exploded in popularity in recent years, and when you consider the numerous benefits associated with its use, it’s not hard to see why.
Here are just a few reasons why you should select vinyl plank flooring for your home when you’re looking for the best low-maintenance flooring in Canton, OH:
- Looks like the real thing: You won’t find another flooring material that is a closer match to hardwood than vinyl plank flooring. Not only does it look extremely realistic (at a fraction of the price of hardwood), but it also comes in many different patterns, colors and textures to make for a more authentic look and feel. For circumstances in which hardwood flooring simply isn’t a possibility, vinyl plank flooring is as good an alternative as you’re going to find if you want an appearance and textural match.
- Very durable: Vinyl plank flooring has been designed with long-lasting durability in mind. This is a kind of flooring you can live with (and on) for many years. It is resistant to scratches, stains and indentations, which makes it especially friendly for families that have kids and pets. The durable nature of this type of flooring means it can be installed in any room of your home, even areas that see a lot of foot traffic.
- Wide variety: We already briefly mentioned that there is a tremendous variety of vinyl plank flooring available, including different colors and textures. Hardwood is the most popular vinyl plank flooring variety, but you can also find options that provide very convincing mimics of stone, marble, decorative tile, concrete, shiplap and parquet. Just about any kind of material you can imagine can be mimicked with vinyl plank flooring, so you can use vinyl plank for any kind of look you want to achieve in your home.
- Easy to maintain: One of the down sides of hardwood is that it needs to be occasionally sanded down and refinished, and stone or concrete may need to be occasionally resealed. With vinyl plank flooring, you’ll need to perform some cleanings from time to time, just as you would with any other type of flooring (especially if you laid it down in a high-traffic area). However, cleaning and maintenance is extremely easy. Just use a broom, vacuum or microfiber sweeper to quickly pick up debris, and use a damp mop with a mild cleaner for deep cleans. You don’t need to worry about any refinishing, resealing or waxing, and the floor has a built-in protective wear layer that helps it maintain its appearance for years.
- Waterproof: Many types of vinyl plank flooring are waterproof, which makes them ideal for areas like basements, kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms. This means you don’t have to worry about accidental spills or leaks causing lasting damage.
These are just a few examples of some of the benefits of vinyl plank flooring when you’re looking for durable flooring in Canton, OH. For more information about why this flooring would be a great option for you, contact Carpet Restorations Plus today.